A tactical belt is an important piece of gear for any survivalist, soldier, law enforcement officer, or shooter. But exactly what is a tactical belt? What benefits does it offer? And how do you choose the right one for you?
In this guide, we’ll take a look at the different types of tactical belts available, as well as the features that make them a must-have for anyone who wants to stay safe and prepared in any situation.
Table of Contents
- What is a tactical belt?
- What are tactical belts used for?
- What are the benefits of using a tactical belt?
- What types of tactical belts are there?
- How to choose a tactical belt?
- In conclusion
What is a tactical belt?
A tactical belt is a type of belt that is specifically designed for military, law enforcement, and security personnel. Tactical belts are made to be durable and sturdy, able to withstand heavy use and abuse. They are also usually made with materials that are resistant to water, dirt, and other debris such as nylon or leather.
They are often wider than regular belts, and they usually have some kind of reinforcement, such as metal reinforcements or extra stitching. Tactical belts are designed to be strong and durable so that they can support the weight of your gear.
What are tactical belts used for?
Tactical belts are most commonly used by law enforcement and military personnel. They are also popular with civilians who enjoy outdoor activities like airsoft, hiking, camping, or hunting.
Tactical belts can be used to hold up your pants, but they also have other uses. Many tactical belts have loops or D-rings that can be used to hold tools, flashlights, or other equipment. Some tactical belts even have special features like MOLLE webbing or compartments and pouches for carrying extra gear.
What are the benefits of using a tactical belt?
Tactical belts offer many benefits over regular belts. They are much more durable and can support more weight. They also have extra features that can be useful in a variety of situations.
The MOLLE webbing on some tactical belts can be used to attach pouches and other gear. And the extra width of a tactical belt can provide more support and stability, especially when you are carrying a lot of gear.
OUR TOP PICKS FOR TACTICAL BELTS
What types of tactical belts are there?
There are a few different types of tactical belts to choose from. Tactical belts come in a variety of styles, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
The most common type is the standard duty belt, which is made from a heavy-duty material like nylon or leather. These belts are designed for law enforcement officers. Standard duty belts are strong and durable, but they can be a bit uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time.
Low-profile tactical belts
Another popular type of tactical belt is the low-profile belt. Low-profile belts are thinner and lighter than standard duty belts, making them more comfortable to wear. They are also less likely to cause issues with your clothing or equipment.
Tactical gun belts
Then there are tactical gun belts. Tactical gun belts are specifically designed to support the weight of a handgun and holster. They are usually made from a heavy-duty material like leather or nylon, and they often have reinforced stitching.
Tactical EDC belts
There are also tactical EDC belts, which are designed for everyday carry. These belts are usually made from a lightweight material like nylon or polyester, and they often have MOLLE webbing or other features that allow you to attach extra gear.’
Tactical MOLLE belts
Tactical MOLLE belts are another option. These belts are made from a heavy-duty material like nylon, and they have MOLLE webbing on the outside. This allows you to attach MOLLE-compatible pouches and gear to the belt.
And finally, there are rigger belts. Rigger belts are designed for rappelling and other activities that require a strong and secure belt. They are usually made from a heavy-duty material like nylon or leather, with a V or D ring attached to it.
How to choose a tactical belt?
There are a few things to consider when choosing a tactical belt such as:
- Buckle strength – The buckle is what keeps your tactical belt secure, so it’s important to choose a belt with a strong and durable buckle.
- Belt material – The material of your tactical belt will determine how strong and durable it is. Nylon and leather are two of the most popular materials for tactical belts.
- Belt width – The width of your tactical belt should be appropriate for the type of pants you’ll be wearing. Wider belts are typically more comfortable to wear, but they can cause issues with some types of clothing.
- Buckle style – The style of buckle you choose is a matter of personal preference. There are several different styles to choose from, including traditional buckle and the cobra buckle.
- Adjustability – Many tactical belts have adjustable sizing so that you can get a perfect fit. This is a nice feature to have, especially if you plan on wearing your belt over multiple layers of clothing.
- Thickness – The thickness of your tactical belt will determine how comfortable it is to wear. Thicker belts are usually more comfortable, but they can be a bit bulky.
- Comfort – Comfort is important, especially if you plan on wearing your tactical belt for long periods of time. Look for a belt that is made from a comfortable material and has a width that is appropriate for the type of pants you’ll be wearing it with.
- Price – Tactical belts can range in price from around $20 to $100 or more.
- Extra features – Do you need a belt with MOLLE webbing? Do you need a rigger belt for rappelling? Choose the belt that has the features you need and that will best suit your needs.
OUR TOP PICKS FOR TACTICAL BELTS
All in all, tactical belts are a great way to carry gear and can offer many benefits.
When choosing a belt, it’s important to consider the different types of belts available as well as the material, buckle type, and comfort. With these factors in mind, you can select the perfect tactical belt for your needs.
With so many options on the market, it shouldn’t be difficult to find the best tactical belt that meets your needs and allows you to perform at your best.
Written by John-Caspar
John-Caspar Jaanus is an Estonian military, tactical gear, and survival expert and author. He has an extensive military background and has been involved with the Estonian defense structure for over 10 years. Read bio!